Field Service Lightning Developer Guide: Developers, turn on your computers! Field Service Lightning is a powerful and also highly customizable toolkit of features you can use to set up and manage a cross-platform field service operation.In fact This guide provides reference information and also sample code to help you understand the structure of Field Service Lightning features and also customize them with code. This guide includes:
- Object diagrams that illustrate the relationships between Field service SOAP API objects
- Reference information for field service objects in the SOAP, Metadata, Tooling, and also REST APIs
- Apex reference information for the Field Service Lightning managed package
- Apex code section that you can use to complete everyday field service tasks
Therefore, We recommend checking out Get on the Road with Field Service Lightning in Trailhead if you’re new to field service.
Table of Contents
What is Field Service Lightning?
However, As you might know, field Service Lightning (FSL) is a Salesforce product that connects customers, the workforce, and also effects on a single platform to deliver exceptional on-site services.
And It also allows the customer support team to delegate work intelligently to Field Service technicians and also monitor them constantly.
Moreover, Get Ready to Develop with Field Service Lightning
So,To prepare to work programmatically with field service features, verify that Field Service Lightning enables your org.
Field Service Lightning in the SOAP API
Meanwhile, Field Service Lightning is based on a suite of familiar objects in the SOAP API that relates differently. These objects also serve as the foundation of the Field Service Lightning managed package and also mobile app. Hence, Use the SOAP API to create, retrieve, update and also delete field service records, such as work orders, service appointments, and also custom objects.
Field Service Lightning in the Metadata API
The following types in the Metadata API use in Field Service Lightning
- 1.Field Service Lightning in the Tooling API
- 2.Field Service Lightning in the REST API.
- 3.Field Service Lightning Managed Package
And also the Field Service Lightning managed package provides the FSL namespace, whose custom objects you can use to extend managed package features programmatically.
What is Field Service Lightning ( FSL )
Mostly, FSL gives us the ability to bring together three essential elements of a Business that provide on-field service.
Supported Editions and also pricing
The Field Service Lightning core features, managed package, and also mobile app are available in the following editions of Salesforce
How does a Field Technician work?
- Get a job assigned
- Collect the details required
- Collect parts/repair material required for the job.
- Finish the job and log it.
- Get a confirmation from the customer
- Get Paid!
- Go back and also update the job status
How does an In-office Agent work?
- 1.Collect work orders.
- 2.Assign Jobs
- 3.Provide the required information( customer info, address, time of availability) to the Technician/Field Agent.
- 4.Provide parts/repair material required for the job.
- 5.Also,Update the job status once completed.
Field Service Lightning Code Samples
Use these code samples to start working programmatically with Field Service Lightning features.
So, Elevate every field service experience.
Our field service software helps you:
- 1.Resolve field service calls faster
- 2. Increase employee productivity in the field
- 3. Automate appointment scheduling
- 4. Manage agents, dispatchers and also technician
- 5. Get real-time visibility into all operations
- 6. Optimize mobile workforce allocation
- 7. Let mobile workers do their job properly
- 8. Keep customers learnt every step of the way service cloud + Field service lightning:
Job Description :
Total Exp – 4 To 9 Yrs.
- – Should have Salesforce.com experience in Sales, Service cloud on Apex, VF development, Development in Lightning
- – Experience in Salesforce configuration
- – Minimum 4+ years of solid lightning development experience.
- – Execute the unit testing to produce defect-free software
- – Ensuring the test coverage and also creating test methods.
- – Creating documentation on modules/enhancements developed.
- – Experience in Apex classes, VF pages, Trigger development
- – Develop lightning components and also features
- – Design and also develop the rest/ SOAP integrations
- – Functional knowledge of Salesforce Sales, Services & community module
- – Good communication
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Temporary
Qualification: Any Graduate
- 1.Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification
- 2.Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification
- 3.Salesforce Lightning Component Framework Specialist
- SOAP services
- salesforce lightning
- Data Modelling
- API development
- Data Management
- Salesforce Lightning Developer
- Agile Product Development
- Salesforce Development
- Salesforce security models
Field Service Developer Guide
However, the Developers, turn on your computers! Field Service is a powerful and highly customizable set of tools that you can use to set up and also manage a cross-platform field service operation. This guide provides reference information and also sample code to help you understand the structure of Field Service features and also customize them with code.
This guide includes:
However, Object diagrams illustrating relationships between field service data objects
Reference information for Field Service objects in REST APIs, metadata, and also tools
Apex Reference Information for Field Service Managed Pack
Apex code sample you can use to perform common field service tasks
Prepare to grow with Field Service
Moreover, To prepare to work programmatically with Field Service features, verify that Field Service is enabled in your organization.
end of life API
Salesforce commits to supporting each version of the API for at least three years from the date of the first version. To mature and also improve the quality and performance of the API, versions older than three years may no longer be supported.
Field Service Data Objects
Field Service is built on a set of standard and also custom Salesforce objects that relate to each other in a variety of ways. These objects also serve as the foundation for the Field Service mobile app and also managed package.
Field Service REST API
The following endpoints can be used to manage your field service deployment.
Salesforce Field Service Terms
Field Service Metadata API
The following types of metadata are used in Field Service.
Field Service Tools API
The following tool objects are used in Field Service
Job Posting for Salesforce Field Service Lightning
- 8 Years of experience implementing enterprise-level projects in a lightning enabled service cloud environment
- Certified Salesforce Field Service Lightning Consultant
- Minimum of 2-3 FSL project implementation experience
- Experience setting up FSL data models (Work Orders, Service Appointments, Service Resources, Territories, etc.)
- Experience in configuring Service Rules and Objectives in support of Field Service business processes
- Installing FSL managed package and guided setup configuration experiance
- Provide FSL solution alternatives to businesses and suggest solutions that have optimized and also efficient ROI.
- Also,Translate FSL business requirements to technical specifications.
- Design, implement and test leading-edge field service management systems with salesforce.com.
- Create robust large-scale production applications.
- Create prototypes quickly and re-architect them for production readiness.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Temporary
However, Salesforce Field Service is a Service Cloud extension that provides a comprehensive view of workforce management.
Moreover, Field service is the provision of service to customers beyond your office or location, referred to as “in the field.” Think of mobile employees, like service technicians, who perform service in person; other people involved are service agents, dispatchers and service managers.
Moreover, Form Assembly – Accurate Data V2 P
This guide will cover “what is Salesforce Field Service?”, who uses it, reporting, scheduling, optimization, and also more.
What is Salesforce Field Service?
Salesforce Field Service, formerly known as Field Service Lightning (FSL), is the Service Cloud extension that provides a comprehensive view of workforce management.
In a nutshell, when a customer requests new cable service, the cable installer will appear: where they are currently, where they are going, and also how many meters of cable are in their truck, all managed with Field Service Lightning.
Who Uses Salesforce Field Service?
However, Field Service Lightning is a Salesforce product that has evolved over time and also continues to evolve. Features are often added with each new version of Salesforce. Salesforce Field Service can be broken down into several parts:
Salesforce Field Service Scheduling and Optimization
The dispatcher manages scheduling in Salesforce Field Service through the dispatcher console UI. Dispatchers need to access multiple pieces of information simultaneously to decide which one is best for the job. The Dispatcher console is designed with a split panel (showing the Gantt chart in the right panel), tabs, and also selectors to switch between strategies.
- As per company rules and also regulations
- Ability to commute/relocate:
- Milwaukee, WI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- lightning enabled service cloud environment: 8 years (Preferred)
- 2-3 FSL project implementation: 8 years (Preferred)
- Work Orders, Service Appointments, Service Resources: 8 years (Preferred)
- support of Field Service business processes: 8 years (Preferred)
- FSL business requirements: 8 years (Preferred)
- robust large-scale: 8 years (Preferred)
Salesforce Field Service Reporting
- As you might know, field Service Lightning (FSL) is a Salesforce product that connects customers, the workforce, and effects on a single platform to deliver exceptional on-site services.
- It also allows the customer support team to delegate work intelligently to Field Service technicians and monitor them constantly. In addition, it enables them to handle customers records and also data in the field from within Salesforce.
All About Field Service Lightning
However, If you are curious about how this process works or what’s required to set up, you must join us for our upcoming live session.In the end We shall discuss all FSL, including its licensing requirements, understand the personas involved,
Therefore, learn how to set up Field Service Lightning, understand its objects and data model, and also their significance. And all of this using a demonstrative approach! Sounds exciting. See you live!
$109,659 to $165,953
Customize/build Salesforce apps using custom objects, workflows, validations, Lightning components, LWC, APIs, etc. while respecting Salesforce best practices
Actively participates in/leads presentations/demos and also reviews with the team (as needed).Thus, Follow the Agile software development methodology and also team architecture standards.
So,Participate in design, coding, and test inspections throughout the lifecycle to identify issues/defects
In short Field Service Lightning (FSL) is a Salesforce product that connects customers, the workforce. And also effects on a single platform to deliver exceptional on-site services. It also allows the customer support team to delegate work intelligently to Field Service technicians and also monitor them constantly.